Monday, August 22, 2011

Opening Up Cloth Rings

What a great day at Divinity Farm! Farm owner and riding instructor Maria Hurley had made a beautiful obstacle course with flowers in the cones.  I was pleased to find a mailbox attached to the fence, so I will think up some fun activities to use with it.
I made these sock rings by filling them with plastic bags and stitching the ends. I made sure that they were not to stuffed, so that I could attach them into a chain as shown in the video. This reminds me of the daisy chains made to decorate walls at parties. I thought that it would be a great motor planning skill to open each up before placing on the pole or a ring stack. This client actually did a few by himself,  not captured on video but you can see how he was interested in doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment