Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pictures on Sleeve


I made a "bunny" a while back out of a can- adding plastic ears and fur around it. Children can insert the paper veggies inside the bunny's mouth. I sewed some velcro to this sleeve so that children can pull off the picture to feed the bunny. I want the children to practice pulling this sleeve onto their arm to improve dressing skills. This sleeve is rather large for my little kids but seems to work OK over the bulky jackets.
I hope to try this out on the little boy with autism who I planned this for. Most of the clients canceled today after driving one and a half hours in bad weather. It was only drizzling near home, but got worse and worse as I drove.
Barbara Smith, M.S., OTR/L author of, The Recycling Occupational Therapist
HorseOT.com

No comments:

Post a Comment