Friday, April 3, 2009

Divinity Farm










I just started riding lessons with Maria Hurley at Divinity Farm in Groveland, Massachusetts. This worked well for me since it is closer to home and I won't be as tired since the lesson is not on a work day.

It will be wonderful to get to build a relationship with her horse, Bianca rather than riding lots of different horses, although it is also good to get used to the varied personalities. Maria demonstrated her technique of "natural horsemanship" which involves communication using only her body language. She made her horse walk, trot, halt and turn around as she stood in the center of the ring. I wish I could connect a wire to download all that skill and knowledge. But for now I will learn all I can about riding and horsemanship via lessons.

Its incredible that 2 1/2 years ago I knew NOTHING about horses!!!!

Barbara Smith, M.S., OTR/L author of, The Recycling Occupational Therapist

Horseot.com

1 comment:

  1. I have know Maria Hurley for about 12 years. The one word that pops in my head when I think of Maria is Go-Getter!! She not only works very hard to always move ahead, but she works hard to help others move ahead in their businesses as well. I have not had any experience with horses per se but have seen Maria and her children interact with the horses and it is amazing how her children have learned from such a wonderful teacher: Their mom. Maria is not only a hard worker, she is an amazing wonderful woman.

    thanks for letting me share my thoughts
    Alison Faust
    Elegant Cleaners

    ReplyDelete