Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Basketball while prone over Horse's Barrel

The snow has been closing my hippotherapy facility on the day I work but today was rather nice-but still had to stay indoors due to all the ice. I had a good day evoking some speech from pretty much non-verbal kids. One two year old has figured out that when I stop the horse- I want a sound, any sound before we get moving again-thats a good start.  

I cropped this photo to hide my client's identity, but perhaps you can make out her orange sleeve. She is on her belly bearing weight on her left hand since she just threw a ball into the basket. This toy (which I bought at a yard sale for a dollar) has been a hit because it makes funny sounds and it is small enough for me to hold  in locations positions- like here with the child over the horse's barrel.   

No comments:

Post a Comment